Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTNPL503, 'Apply service measures and demand forecasting to products and services planning'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply service measures and demand forecasting to products and services planning' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Analyse customer base
1.1 Establish reasons for forecasting in network planning, and factors that influence forecasting
1.2 Collate data from appropriate organisations involved in planning initiatives for planning delivery of products and services
1.3 Establish market segmentation to improve marketing effectiveness on new technology adoption
1.4 Analyse market segments of customers, based on geography and demographics, for a new service or product and predict adoption rates
2. Evaluate current utilisation
2.1 Evaluate current service usage of the network and determine current traffic load
2.2 Evaluate current network occupancy and determine any spare capacity
3. Predict future customer base
3.1 Evaluate expected customer growth and segment mix in a defined geographical area, and assess impact on network planning
3.2 Use a forecasting model and predict customer demand for new technology products and services
4. Use property market and development data to produce plans
4.1 Develop strategic plans on infrastructure planning using planning authority data for development and redevelopments
4.2 Produce a plan for future development projects using property market data
5. Predict future service requirements
5.1 Create a customer service plan to maintain valuable customer relationships and strengthen business
5.2 Measure customer service results using key factors that provide an indicator for customer service quality
5.3 Use forecasting tools to predict future service demand and requirements for emerging technology services of Next Generation Networks (NGN)
6. Produce network forecast and documentation
6.1 Produce geographically-based network growth forecasts utilising change in customer base, changes to property market and future service predications
6.2 Produce and present documentation