Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTNWK614, 'Manage ICT security'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage ICT security' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Manage enterprise security parameters
1.1 Determine and evaluate parameters that affect enterprise security to establish benchmark
1.2 Review security classification and data management policies and procedures for relevance, and update if required
1.3 Plan and coordinate an effective enterprise continuity of operations (COOP) program and organisational structure for critical business continuity
1.4 Develop a plan to address factors to manage the risks of the enterprise
1.5 Integrate and evaluate risk management concepts into operational activities with related contingency planning activities, using an enterprise COOP performance measurement program
1.6 Evaluate and assess security incidents to establish an effective incident management program for the enterprise
1.7 Manage the coordination between related security teams for effective incident management processes and procedures
2. Manage networks and telecommunications security
2.1 Develop a network security and telecommunications program in line with enterprise policy and security goals
2.2 Manage the necessary resources to integrate network security and telecommunications program activities with technical support, security administration and incident response activities in a secure network
2.3 Establish effective communications protocols between the network security and telecommunications team and related security teams to manage the risks
2.4 Establish a performance measurement program to evaluate the security effectiveness of the integrated network security and telecommunications network
2.5 Ensure enterprise compliance with applicable network
3. Implement and document enhancements
3.1 Implement appropriate changes and improvement actions as required, and evaluate effectiveness of enhancements
3.2 Produce and table documentation for audit tracking