Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTOPN503, 'Plan for an optical system upgrade and cut over'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan for an optical system upgrade and cut over' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Gather information to prepare upgrade activity plan
1.1 Obtain relevant legislation, codes, regulations and standards for compliance when conducting work
1.2 Obtain design specifications from the planning and design section to determine scope and nature of the upgrade
1.3 Analyse the design specification and design plan, and determine accuracy of the design plan to site installation and requirements with customer
1.4 Determine network equipment types and obtain installation details from manufacturer
1.5 Prepare an equipment and component list and source vendors for procurement
2. Prepare upgrade activity plans
2.1 Prepare a detailed installation plan of the upgrade for the installer
2.2 Prepare a detailed installation procedure to carry out the upgrade to minimise impact to customer
2.3 Prepare pre-installation optical tests on existing equipment to determine benchmarks and performance levels prior to the upgrade
2.4 Prepare post-installation optical tests on upgrade to ensure upgraded system is achieving desired results
2.5 Prepare monitoring schedule to progressively assess upgrade progress
2.6 Prepare contingency plan for backing out if upgrade is not progressing according to schedule and disruptions to customer are excessive
2.7 Prepare cut over procedures
3. Complete documentation
3.1 Update documentation
3.2 Submit planning activity document for approval