Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTTEN302, 'Install telecommunications network equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install telecommunications network equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Plan for installation of telecommunications network equipment
1.1 Prepare for given work according to relevant work health and safety (WHS) and environmental requirements
1.2 Notify customer to arrange site access if necessary
1.3 Assess existing and potential site hazards
1.4 Verify location of proposed network equipment installation according to appropriate plans obtained from authorised personnel
1.5 Develop installation plans to ensure minimal workplace disruption and according to relevant legislation, codes, regulations and standards
1.6 Obtain tools and test equipment required for safe work practice
1.7 Notify affected parties of possible network outage, if required
2. Install network hardware and cabling
2.1 Install network equipment according to the plan and manufacturerâ€™s instructions, using safe industry practices
2.2 Insert equipment cards and modules
2.3 Install all interconnecting cables to specification
2.4 Confirm service interruption is within limits agreed with customer
2.5 Document all installation drawings for customer
3. Install equipment accessories
3.1 Install alarms according to instruction manuals and specifications
3.2 Install operations administration and maintenance system according to specification
3.3 Install communication facilities for operational staff according to specification, taking into account any special needs of the site and operational staff
3.4 Install operator communication facilities according to needs and specifications
4. Configure and test system
4.1 Install software and configuration instructions according to system specifications, if required
4.2 Test to verify system performance according to customer requirements
4.3 Recommend any possible changes and confirm with customer
4.4 Record all test results
5. Clean up worksite and complete documentation
5.1 Remove and dispose of installation waste and debris from worksite according to environmental requirements
5.2 Restore changes made to work area during installation, to customerâ€™s satisfaction
5.3 Complete all installation documents and present to customer
5.4 Declare asset ready for commissioning and integration
5.5 Notify customer and obtain sign-off