Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTTEN424, 'Install and configure internet protocol TV in a service provider network'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and configure internet protocol TV in a service provider network' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare to implement IPTV service provider
1.1 Obtain and clarify work health and safety (WHS) requirements and risk control measures and procedures for a given work area with appropriate personnel
1.2 Use topology of an IPTV network and design plans to locate network elements for video over broadband
1.3 Select network elements to provide optimum video delivery service
1.4 Obtain configuration instructions for network elements
2. Implement IPTV network to meet business requirements
2.1 Configure an IP-MPLS core network overlaying the IP network to deliver IPTV
2.2 Implement VoD application to meet bandwidth requirements and quality of service (QoS) requirements for commercial viability of IPTV network
2.3 Install and configure video service routers for content delivery system (CDS) applications to support TV streaming and internet streaming, with session shifting for follow-me or mobile video facility
2.4 Produce addressing scheme and protocols required for IP multicasting used in the IPTV network
2.5 Configure security measures in IPTV network to protect against security threats
2.6 Configure label switch routers (LSR) to provide secure methods of transporting IP packets using layer 2 protocols in an MPLS network
2.7 Configure MPLS-TE (traffic engineering) to provide routing on diverse paths to avoid congestion and guarantee bandwidth services
2.8 Troubleshoot network according to manufacturerâ€™s specifications and enterprise procedures
3. Build and configure CDN architecture network
3.1 Build content delivery network (CDN) architecture overlaying routing and switching architecture of an IP network to deliver internet TV to internet devices
3.2 Use routing and switching infrastructure to enable CDN share characteristics of each element to produce network functionality
3.3 Install and configure web cache communication protocol (WCCP) on router to redirect traffic flows in real-time to reduce transmission costs and download times
4. Complete and document network installation
4.1 Restore worksite to safe condition according to established safety procedures
4.2 Record and store essential installation information according to enterprise procedures
4.3 Notify appropriate personnel of completion of the task according to enterprise procedures