Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver LGAGOVA411A, 'Prepare accounts for rates'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare accounts for rates' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare rates accounts
1.1. Discounts, remissions, concessions and entitlements are validated and processed.
1.2. Accounts for rates and instalment advices are produced in predetermined format and the data included is correct.
1.3. Accounts are forwarded by the date required by statutory and council requirements.
1.4. Checks are made that the control accounts in the general ledger are reconciled.
2. Check accuracy of rate notices
2.1. Checks are made that notices of sale and changes of address are as up to date as possible.
2.2. Random checks of individual assessments are conducted to ensure notices include correct information on property and applicable rates.
2.3. Ongoing checks are conducted against estimates to ensure predetermined income is correctly apportioned and accounted for.
2.4. Levy is reconciled to rateable land values, non-rateable values and property requiring supplementary levy.
3. Issue supplementary levies
3.1. Affected property owners are advised that a supplementary levy will be issued.
3.2. Supplementary levies are scheduled to maximise cost effectiveness of issue and collection.
4. Recommend improvements to systems
4.1. Suggestions for improvements to system are discussed with appropriate information technology or supervisory personnel.