Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver LGAPLEM509A, 'Plan facilities for the users of public transport'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan facilities for the users of public transport' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Determine the need for public transport facilities
1.1 Records and statistics are monitored to identify problems and areas of need.
1.2 Complaints, requests and comments are analysed to identify problems and areas of need.
1.3 Public transport authorities are consulted to assist in facility determination.
1.4 Community stakeholders are consulted.
2 Identify and evaluate options
2.1 All options relevant to rectifying problems and servicing needs are identified.
2.2 All options are assessed on the basis of cost effectiveness, efficiency and practicality.
2.3 Preferred options to rectify problems or service needs are selected on agreed criteria.
3 Prepare report on preferred options for public transport facilities
3.1 Options are submitted to council or relevant transport authorities for endorsement.
3.2 Opportunities are provided for community consultation to maximise acceptance of preferred option.
3.3 Statutory and other relevant authority approvals are obtained in required time frames with minimal modification to the preferred option.
3.4 Clear, concise documentation is prepared that provides full cost details.
3.5 Preferred option is recommended to the construction program to assist works programming and resource availability.
4 Monitor the effectiveness of public transport facilities
4.1 Records and statistics are monitored to measure the effectiveness of public transport user facilities against agreed criteria.
4.2 Complaints, requests and comments are reviewed to identify ongoing acceptance of the facilities.