Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver LGAWORK209A, 'Perform field support duties in the construction and maintenance of sewerage collection systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform field support duties in the construction and maintenance of sewerage collection systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Establish site for sewerage collection system maintenance or construction
1.1. Work is planned and programmed to be undertaken in accordance with drawings, specifications and other documentation.
1.2. Work site is prepared and maintained in safe condition and in accordance with the occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements and regulations of other relevant authorities.
1.3. Work is assigned to appropriate accredited personnel or gangs to meet sewerage collection job requirements.
1.4. Traffic control is planned at the work site and signed in accordance with the regulations of various authorities and the Australian standards Manual of Traffic Control Devices.
1.5. Underground and overhead obstructions and other utility services are located.
2. Carry out sewerage collection maintenance
2.1. Condition of the sewerage collection system is monitored, tested, sampled and reported on.
2.2. Sewerage collection problems and the source of odours and gases identified by tests are responded to.
2.3. Problems associated with sewerage manholes and chambers are inspected and rectified.
2.4. Correct sewerage collection service and condition are located and identified.
2.5. Defective components of pipeline are repaired, replaced or serviced as required.
2.6. Functional pressure/non-pressure tests of items are carried out.
2.7. Sewerage collection pipes and equipment are cleaned.
2.8. Service is reinstated after maintenance work has been passed at final inspection.
3. Excavate trenches and manholes
3.1. Appropriate drainage is provided for the diversion of all uncontaminated water from the site and silt traps are set up as required to prevent damage to the environment.
3.2. Environmental protection devices are installed as required to meet environmental regulations.
3.3. Levels and lines of works and location of manholes are set up according to the drawings.
3.4. Excavation plant is selected according to requirements.
3.5. Dewatering equipment is installed.
3.6. Trenches are excavated to the depth and grade shown on the plans, and shoring or shields are installed or trenches are battered back according to OHS requirements.
3.7. Pressure or other tests are completed as specified.
3.8. Trenches are backfilled with selected materials , compacted in layers and the surface is finished according to specifications and levels shown on the plans.
4. Carry out construction of sewerage collection service
4.1. Trench bottom is prepared and pipe bedding is laid to specifications in accordance with the drawings.
4.2. Pipes are placed and valves, fittings and flow control devices are fitted in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
4.3. Functional tests of mains and components are carried out.
4.4. Sewerage collection system is placed in service and the performance of the sewerage collection system is monitored.
4.5. Manholes, inspection and valve chambers, minor structures and thrust blocks are constructed.
5. Complete necessary documentation
5.1. Construction and maintenance reports are completed and filed to meet council's requirements.
5.2. The as constructed plans and drawings are completed in accordance with completed work.