Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver LMFDN4003A, 'Produce patterns and/or templates'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Produce patterns and/or templates' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for and dimension the task
Workplace health and safety requirements, including personal protection needs, are observed throughout the work.
Customer orders are interpreted to establish required sizes of finished products.
Size requirements are checked in relation to the production process and finishing capacity of the workplace.
Material for pattern or template is identified for approximate size and characteristics.
Required instruments and equipment are identified, located and assembled.
Drawings and related specifications are interpreted.
Procedures for using pattern development instruments and tools are checked and equipment is prepared for use.
Equipment and tools are used following normal workplace procedures.
Each dimension is measured, exploded and plotted maintaining appropriate angles, arcs and curves.
Visual inspection and measurements are used to compare pattern dimensions and shapes with drawings and specifications.
Complete pattern or template
Pattern or template is completed ensuring that the pattern indicates completion date and original drawing details.
Required workplace approval of pattern or template is obtained.
Plans are marked with notations for workplace requirements, including authorship, process or customer requirements, authorisation and any review dates.
Plans are copied and filed as required according to workplace policies and procedures.