Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARB018, 'Implement vessel planned maintenance system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement vessel planned maintenance system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Develop maintenance plan
Vessel and equipment specifications, service requirements and organisational procedures are checked for recommended maintenance intervals and processes according to the safety management system
Special requirements for maintenance are separated from routine maintenance tasks
Maintenance plan and a related work schedule are developed
Procedures for safety checks of equipment are developed and documented according to organisational procedures
Recordkeeping system is developed for maintenance work completed and equipment replaced according to organisational procedures
Establish maintenance systems
Resource requirements are identified and supplied
Roles and responsibilities of crew are clarified and built into position descriptions and work instructions
Mentoring and training is provided to support the maintenance strategy
Maintenance procedures and schedules are prepared to minimise negative impacts on vessel operations, costs, waste and the environment
Potential risks are analysed and management strategies are recommended
Contingency plans are prepared
Maintenance schedules and procedures are effectively communicated to crew
Implement maintenance plan
Consumables and equipment are coordinated to meet maintenance work schedule
Maintenance work schedule is completed according to maintenance plan
Technical assistance is provided to crew in completing maintenance activities as required
Appropriate readings, measurements and recordings are made and compared to equipment and other relevant specifications
Areas of vessel and equipment requiring further testing are identified and appropriate procedures for testing are implemented
Appropriate adjustments are made to maintenance plan based on experience and required documentation is completed
Maintenance records are completed and forwarded to appropriate personnel
Areas where changes to equipment operation or routine maintenance are required to maintain optimum work output and equipment life, are noted
Monitor and review maintenance management system
Continuous improvement strategies are developed
Performance criteria for maintenance goals are determined and data collection strategies are established
Performance information and outcomes are analysed and implications are reported to appropriate personnel