Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARB020, 'Manage repairs and maintenance of a vessel 500 gross tonnage or more'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage repairs and maintenance of a vessel 500 gross tonnage or more' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Define maintenance targets
Compliance documentation relevant to maintaining the vessel is interpreted
Vessel planned maintenance system is interpreted to establish maintenance activities and priorities, according to regulatory and organisational requirements
Current maintenance practices are reviewed to evaluate efficiency, reliability and comparative cost effectiveness
Maintenance targets are set to ensure compliance and cost effectiveness
Optimise maintenance management
Objectives of maintenance are clearly defined and appropriate maintenance mechanisms are determined
Preventative maintenance activities are forecast, scheduled and matched to resources to ensure work is done on time and within cost
Optimal cost balance between preventative and corrective maintenance activities is determined
Priority system for preventative and corrective maintenance is developed based on critical analysis to maximise quality outcomes
Maintenance plan is negotiated and agreed in consultation with relevant stakeholders
Monitoring and reporting arrangements for maintenance activities are established and documented according to organisational procedures
Risk management plan to identify, assess and control risks is incorporated into maintenance plan according to regulatory and organisational requirements
Organise support processes
Resource requirements are determined and organised according to the maintenance plan
Targets and milestones are identified and linked to the achievement of outcomes according to the maintenance plan
Documentation and checklists associated with the implementation of the maintenance plan are prepared in established formats and distributed to relevant people
Information related to the implementation of the maintenance plan is distributed according to organisational procedures
Contingency arrangements for the implementation of the maintenance plan are identified
Monitor implementation of maintenance plan
Progress is systematically monitored and variations to implementation of the maintenance plan are verified as required with relevant people
Expenditure and resource usage are monitored and controlled to ensure objectives are achieved within specified parameters
Coaching and mentoring assistance is provided to crew members as required to overcome difficulties in implementing the plan
Systems, records and reporting procedures are maintained according to regulatory and organisational requirements
Evaluate implementation of maintenance plan
Regular reports on progress and outcomes are provided orally or in writing to relevant stakeholders to ensure completion of activities is in line with maintenance plan
Systematic review processes and established evaluation methods are used to evaluate implementation processes and outcomes
Evaluation results are prepared in required format and presented to relevant people within agreed timeframes
Recommendations for improving implementation processes are presented to relevant people according to organisational procedures
Relevant documentation is completed and processed according to regulatory and organisational requirements