Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARB023, 'Maintain marina infrastructure'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain marina infrastructure' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare for maintenance
Marina infrastructure that requires regular maintenance is recognised and confirmed with relevant personnel, if required
Potential risks, hazards and environmental issues are identified and control measures are established
Appropriate tools and equipment required to undertake maintenance activities are identified and assembled
In preparation for fire/accident/emergency, relevant emergency procedures are obtained and interpreted
Skills and experience of marina personnel required to carry out maintenance are established and duties are allocated
Maintenance schedule is obtained and interpreted
Personal protective clothing and/or equipment is identified, used and maintained according to workplace procedures
Firefighting equipment is located, selected and made ready according to workplace procedures
Work area is prepared according to workplace policies and procedures
Relevant plant, tools and equipment are prepared and made ready for use
Maintenance is carried out safely according to workplace policies and procedures
Safe work practices and environmental requirements are followed
Work is checked against job requirements and presented to relevant personnel for verification
Complete maintenance and clean-up work area
Work area is cleaned and tools and equipment are stored according to workplace procedures
Defective or malfunctioning plant, tools, equipment and systems are reported according to workplace procedures
Maintenance schedule is reviewed and revised if necessary
All required documentation is completed according to workplace procedures