Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARC001, 'Complete engine room tasks'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Complete engine room tasks' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Work plan is developed and sequenced in conjunction with others involved in or affected by plan, according to organisational procedures
Timelines, jobs and work priorities are confirmed with Master and other relevant authorities, when applicable
Conduct refuelling operations
Tank levels are correctly measured and reported pre and post fuelling operations
Fuel capacity is calculated
Tools and equipment are selected and checked for serviceability
Safety boundary and signage for refuelling operation are accessed and used
Fire and spill prevention systems are correctly deployed
All personal protective equipment is accessed and used
Refuelling operations are performed safely and effective communication is maintained with relevant personnel to ensure safety and integrity of vessel and crew
Appropriate action is taken to handle incidents arising during fuelling operations according to organisational procedures and regulatory requirements
Maintain stock and consumables
Stock levels and consumables are monitored and maintained at required levels
Stock and consumables are reordered as required
Records of stock inventories and consumables are maintained and discrepancies are identified
Perform general housekeeping tasks
Housekeeping tasks are clarified against work plan
Appropriate equipment for specific tasks is determined, prepared and used
Housekeeping tasks are performed and assessed against task requirements
Procedures for handling, storing and disposing of cleaning liquids are implemented according to regulatory requirements
Stow and manage flammable and explosive materials
Hazards related to flammable and explosive materials are identified
Suitability of stowage areas is verified against regulatory requirements and organisational procedures
Procedures for safe handling and stowage of flammable and explosive materials are implemented according to regulatory requirements and organisational practices
Prepare simple reports
Requirements for simple reports are identified
Information is prepared according to organisational procedures
Calculations for fuel consumption and voyage duration are completed
Information is assessed for accuracy, currency and relevance for inclusion in report
Report is written using appropriate terminology