Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARC012, 'Monitor and manage vessel operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor and manage vessel operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Develop operational strategies and procedures
Action plan is developed to provide a clear and coherent direction according to organisational goals and objectives
Work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) and environmental issues are identified, and strategies are implemented to minimise risk factors
Quality system is developed for vessel in line with industry standards, compliance and organisational requirements
Performance measures and operational targets are developed to conform with business plan
Procedures are established and implemented according to organisational and legislative requirements
Procedures are communicated to crew members
Supervise crew compliance with regulatory requirements
Regulatory body requirements are correctly interpreted and applied
Instructions for crew members are developed and implemented
Crew members are briefed
Liaison with regulatory body officials is undertaken
Plan resources for vessel operations
Vessel resource and equipment requirements are investigated and documented
Resource needs are prioritised and matched to vessel budget, and priorities are confirmed after consultation with crew members
Procurement plan with prioritised purchasing is devised and resources are procured accordingly
Plan vessel operations logistics
Operational work plans are developed
Operations are checked to ensure optimum use of human and physical resources
Tasks are implemented according to plans and specifications
Operational plans are implemented and crew members are briefed as to roles and responsibilities
Operational plans are documented and amended according to procedures and crew expectations
Proposed variations are investigated and negotiated in consultation with crew members
Evaluate operational processes
Operational progress is closely monitored against required quality of work and adherence to both budget and time schedule
Opportunities for preventative or corrective changes are identified using outcomes of monitoring activities and feedback from crew members
Preventative and/or corrective action is recommended and implemented
Changes are communicated to appropriate persons in a logical and easily understood manner
Changes are monitored to confirm improvement in crew efficiency