Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARC026, 'Operate remote controls of propulsion plant and engineering systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate remote controls of propulsion plant and engineering systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Operate remote controls
Remote controls of propulsion plant, other engineering systems and auxiliary machinery are operated according to company procedures and manufacturer instructions
Clear and concise communication is used with engine room and communication is acknowledged according to established procedures
Performance of propulsion plant, other engineering systems and auxiliary machinery and equipment is monitored and evaluated using remote performance indicators
Appropriate corrective action is taken in conjunction with the Chief Engineer when performance of propulsion plant or other engineering systems is found to be unsatisfactory or outside of specified limits
Relationship between speed and fuel consumption is monitored and action is taken as required according to operational instructions
Safety and hazard minimisation procedures and regulations are followed to maintain the safety of personnel, propulsion and engineering systems, cargo and vessel
Coordinate deck and engine room resources
Coordination of deck and engine room operations and resources is maintained during daily vessel operation
Responses are coordinated and appropriate action is taken in a breakdown in the remote control systems for propulsion plant, other engineering systems and auxiliary machinery
Correct logbook entries are made relating to equipment operations and incidents during a voyage
Manage emergencies involving the use of remote controls
Remote controls of relevant emergency systems and auxiliary machinery and equipment are correctly operated in a shipboard emergency
Clear and concise communication is used and communication is acknowledged at all times during emergency situations