Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARD002, 'Manage operations and maintenance on vessels limited by tonnage or near coastal operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage operations and maintenance on vessels limited by tonnage or near coastal operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Manage maintenance of vessel stability and safety parameters
Vessel dynamic stability is interpreted and analysed
Vessel stability is correctly maintained in normal and adverse operational conditions
Vessel safety parameters are correctly maintained within normal operational limits during cargo operations
Administer planning of cargo operations on vessel limited by tonnage or near coastal operations
Impact of cargo operations on vessel stability is managed
Draft survey is conducted and used
Appropriate procedures are administered for all cargo operations
Administer planned maintenance system
Vessel routine preventative maintenance plan is correctly interpreted and implemented
Arrangements are made for maintenance activities to be carried out at required times
Repairs to vessel hull or equipment and/or repair or replacement of equipment or components are organised according to procedures
Dock or slip vessel limited by tonnage or near coastal operations
Type of slipway, dock or vessel lifting facility is identified and suitability for type of hull assessed
Hull data is correctly interpreted and recorded
Appropriate plan is prepared for procedures to be taken onboard vessel prior to, during and on completion of proposed slipping or docking operations
Cradle is correctly prepared prior to slipping of vessel
Appropriate precautions are taken prior to slipping and refloating of vessel and when shoring/supporting vessel
Vessel is correctly refloated after slipping and maintenance operations
Carry out inspection and maintenance procedures on vessel limited by tonnage or near coastal operations
Inspections of vessel hull, equipment and components are carried out according to company maintenance schedules and vessel manufacturer instructions
Deterioration of vessel structure and fittings is identified and appropriate maintenance action is initiated according to work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) and pollution control requirements, company procedures and manufacturer instructions
Lubricants, marine preservatives or finishes are applied correctly using appropriate application equipment according to WHS/OHS requirements, company procedures and manufacturer instructions
Problems in application of lubricants, marine preservatives, finishes and other maintenance materials and chemicals are identified and reported, and appropriate remedial action is initiated
Records of maintenance and lubrication work carried out are completed according to procedures
Administer correct selection and use of maintenance equipment and materials
Tools and equipment are correctly identified and used according to WHS/OHS requirements
Maintenance materials are obtained
Defective equipment and materials are identified and reported