Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARG001, 'Work effectively as part of a crew on a vessel up to 80 metres'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work effectively as part of a crew on a vessel up to 80 metres' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Perform routine workplace duties following simple written instructions
Routine work instructions and procedures are read and interpreted correctly
Appropriate lines of communication with supervisors and colleagues are identified and used
Routine work instructions and procedures are followed in sequence
Clarification is sought from workplace supervisor when any instruction or procedure is not understood
Follow simple spoken instructions
Spoken instructions are interpreted correctly
Instructions are responded to promptly
Clarification is sought from workplace supervisor when any instruction is not understood
Communicate with other crew members
Constructive feedback is encouraged and acted upon
All crew members are treated with respect, courtesy and sensitivity
Cultural differences are considered and appropriate language is used in all verbal and non-verbal communication
Communication is used to develop and maintain positive relationships, mutual trust and confidence
Complete workplace forms
Workplace forms are completed clearly and concisely within designated timeframes
Assistance is sought to complete workplace forms when necessary
Complete work tasks
Tasks are completed within designated timeframes according to instructions
Effective questioning is used to seek assistance from other crew members when difficulties arise in achieving allocated tasks
Factors affecting work requirements are identified and appropriate action is taken
Progress with task is communicated to supervisor as required