Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARJ6001A, 'Manage compliance with environmental management legislation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage compliance with environmental management legislation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop vessel environmental management plan framework
Relevant legislation and compliance documentation for the implementation and maintenance of the marine environment is accessed and interpreted
Appropriate measures to prevent pollution of the marine environment are developed and documented in consultation with relevant personnel according to organisational policies and procedures
Structures for the application of the environmental management plan are developed and documented in consultation with relevant personnel according to organisational policies and procedures
Responsibilities for applying the environmental management plan are defined and documented in job descriptions and duty statements
Strategies are established to encourage all crew members to meet high standards of environmental performance
Develop processes to support vessel environmental management plan
Existing and potential environmental hazards and risks are identified from vessel inspection and record system
Organisational criteria for assessing and treating risks are clarified
Detailed procedures and practices for the application of the environmental management plan are developed and documented to minimise environmental impacts
Prepare and implement vessel environmental management plan
Introduction of the environmental management plan is scheduled and documented
Resources to support the introduction of the environmental management plan are made available
Information on the environmental management plan is provided in a readily accessible form to all crew members
Training is provided on the environmental management plan procedures and practices
Support and encouragement is provided to those responsible for the implementation of the environmental management plan
Monitor environmental management processes
Compliance with regulatory requirements and the environmental management plan is monitored
Appropriate action is taken where non-compliance is identified
Breaches of regulations and associated action taken are reported according to regulatory and organisational requirements
Currency and validity of certificates and other documents required are checked and appropriate plans for their renewal and extension are developed and implemented