Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARM004, 'Work in the marine surveying sector'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work in the marine surveying sector' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Scope framework for marine surveys
International and national authorities that govern the maritime industry are identified
Standards, legislation and regulations applicable to marine surveyor and marine surveying tasks for commercial vessels are identified and accessed
Standards, legislation and regulations applicable to marine environment protection and its relation to marine surveys and inspections are identified and accessed
Range of clients and stakeholders who would require marine surveyor and/or inspector services are identified and recorded
Legal standing of marine survey report is explained
Legal and/or financial implications for inaccurate reporting of marine survey are explained
Clarify areas of responsibility for marine surveyors
Range of services provided by marine surveyors is outlined
International and national conventions, laws and codes of practice that govern and regulate marine surveys of commercial vessels are identified
Behavioural characteristics, ethics and personal conduct required of a marine surveyor are explained
Determine requirements for conducting commercial vessel survey
Different types of marine surveyors and their roles are accurately defined
Terms â€˜surveyâ€™ and â€˜auditâ€™ are accurately explained in relation to commercial vessel survey
Purpose and range of commercial vessel survey is accurately outlined
Scope survey process under supervision
Objectives, principal work activities, costs and constraints are identified and explained
Relevant standards, legislation and regulations are defined in relation to conducting commercial vessel marine surveys
Procedures and processes for collecting information when conducting a survey are outlined
Importance of communicating with others is explained and implemented
Tools and equipment required to conduct a range of different marine surveys are identified
Relevant survey and supporting documents related to type of survey are identified and accessed
Process of gathering relevant information through observation is outlined
Importance of accurate recording of information and events during and after a survey is explained
Requirements for use of verified factual information when making recommendations are identified
Identify scope of surveyor behavioural conduct and ethics
Behavioural characteristics and personal conduct required of a marine surveyor are outlined
Conflicts of interest and other vested interests that would affect survey outcome and/or report are identified and resolved with surveyor
Strategies to deal effectively with conflicts of interest are applied
Risks related to possible confrontations and need for effective risk management techniques are identified and discussed with surveyor
Outline requirements of an effective survey report
Appropriate formats for a range of different survey reports are identified
Means of presenting survey report to a range of stakeholders are explained
Reports are reviewed by relevant personnel and achievement of document objectives and requirements are outlined
Security of information and privacy requirements are identified