Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARM006, 'Assist in the survey of commercial vessels'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist in the survey of commercial vessels' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Plan a marine survey for a commercial vessel
Applicable work health and safety/occupational health and safety (WHS/OHS), environmental, legislative and organisational requirements are identified and implemented
Environmental awareness issues are considered according to relevant legislation, regulations and site specific requirements
Survey purpose, scope and procedures are identified and checked with appropriate personnel as required
Relevant information and documentation is obtained, interpreted and verified with surveyor for impact on current survey
Survey tools, equipment and personnel requirements are coordinated, scheduled and confirmed with surveyor
Permit or licence requirements are identified and organised according to organisational requirements
Survey is planned, scheduled and communicated to relevant personnel
Observe and assist with conducting and monitoring survey
Survey plan is verified with surveyor
Consultation with relevant personnel is carried out during survey activity as required
Survey procedures are monitored to ensure required survey outcome is achieved
Survey plan is modified as required in response to equipment, personnel, site condition changes and environmental requirements, and is verified with surveyor
Regular communication with relevant personnel is maintained to ensure continuous workflow and progress
Relevant personnel are informed of results according to organisational requirements
Required documentation is completed according to survey plan and is verified by surveyor
Survey report is prepared in an appropriate format, processed according to organisational requirements and checked for accuracy by surveyor
Survey results are communicated in an appropriate manner to owner/agent of vessel
Survey data is archived according to organisational requirements
Survey outcomes are recorded and reported according to site procedures and organisational requirements
Survey documentation and data are compiled and organised for review, and checked as accurate by surveyor
Evaluation of survey plan and processes is undertaken and documented for use in reviewing and revising future surveys
Improvements or recommended actions arising from survey plan evaluation are signed off by surveyor, and recorded and reported according to organisational requirements