Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARM3003A, 'Identify factors that affect a commercial vessels's fitness for purpose'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Identify factors that affect a commercial vessels's fitness for purpose' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for vessel survey
Range of commercial vessels that may be surveyed or inspected are identified and survey regime for each is accurately documented
Hull shapes of typical commercial vessels are identified and verified for accuracy with surveyor
Type of survey to be carried out is accurately identified and basic survey plan is developed
Identify and explain structural components and materials
Types, properties and application of common materials used in construction of typical commercial vessels are identified and noted in survey plan
Basic structural components used on typical commercial vessels are correctly identified and noted in survey plan
Inspection requirements for materials and components are documented and verified with surveyor
Identify issues relating to vessel water and weather tight integrity
Range and types of deterioration that affect fitness for purpose of a vessel are identified and confirmed with surveyor
Preservation and corrosion control methods to maintain fitness for purpose are outlined and confirmed with surveyor
Deterioration of vessel hull or structure is accurately identified either in water or on slipway
Typical requirements concerning watertight and weather tight structural integrity of vessels are identified and confirmed with surveyor
Determine vessel reporting requirements
Need for vessel to be fit for its intended purpose is outlined and where questionable, is reported to relevant personnel
Condition of vessel and related action is communicated clearly and concisely with others
Mandatory and regulatory reporting requirements in relation to general work practices are followed