Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARM4004A, 'Evaluate vessel stability'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Evaluate vessel stability' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine data requirements
Effect of basic data, information and vessel stability calculations is identified, reviewed and applied to assessment of stability
Basic data requirements for commercial vessels are correctly identified
Importance and function of vessel stability book on survey task is accurately explained
Evaluate simplified stability data
Appropriate stability data and information required for size and type of vessel is identified and assessed for compliance against regulatory requirements
Calculated stability data is correlated with the stability criteria set out in stability book and is confirmed as an accurate evaluation of vessel stability condition by surveyor
Precautions to rectify operations that may affect stability and watertight integrity of vessel are identified and confirmed with surveyor
Actions to ensure weight distribution does not compromise vessel safety are identified, confirmed with surveyor and incorporated into survey task as required
Actions to be taken in anticipation of environmental changes that may affect vessel stability are identified, confirmed with surveyor and incorporated into survey task as required
Actions to be taken in emergency situations to maintain vessel stability within safe limits are identified, confirmed with and implemented promptly and effectively
Carry out reporting requirements
Recorded calculations are reviewed by surveyor for accuracy and relevance
Draft survey report is developed and reviewed with surveyor for accuracy and compliance
Feedback provided on draft survey report is acknowledged and draft report is amended as required
Storage and security of information is identified, and records are stored and filed according to organisational and regulatory requirements