Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSACMC413A, 'Lead team culture improvement'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Lead team culture improvement' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Facilitate the team's understanding of the Competitive Manufacturing Strategy.
1.1. Communicate with all team members the objectives and benefits of the competitive manufacturing strategy
1.2. Review with the team members the techniques and methods that will be used in achieving the Competitive Manufacturing Strategy
1.3. Using a systems approach, help team members understand how the team fits into the organisation
1.4. Establish appropriate communication and team work within the team and with other teams
1.5. Develop a work structure with the team that allows for everyone to participate in the application of the competitive manufacturing strategy
2. Facilitate application of knowledge about the importance of controlling variation in competitive manufacturing
2.1. Develop the application of a statistical approach by all team members to all relevant facets of the system with a view to reducing variation
2.2. Encourage the approach of building quality in and ensuring team members assist each other in meeting the requirement
3. Facilitate the development of skills and knowledge within the team
3.1. Encourage appropriate training for all team members
3.2. Involve team members in identification of skill needs and skills gaps, and in development of a strategy for training, skills acquisition and self-improvement so as to ensure awareness, learning and commitment
4. Facilitate the development of commitment within the team to the competitive manufacturing strategy
4.1. Ensure that the team has sufficient resources and adequate equipment available to meet the requirements of the competitive manufacturing strategy
4.2. Encourage the adoption of continuous improvement
4.3. Encourage employee acceptance of responsibility for the quality of their own work
4.4. Provide continuous feed back and communication of progress at all levels in implementing the strategy.
4.5. Involve team members in relating identified problems and opportunities for improvement to the competitive manufacturing strategy, and involve them in developing any required changes, to ensure awareness, learning and commitment