Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSACMC612A, 'Manage workplace learning'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage workplace learning' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify current skill requirements for the work team
1.1. Ensure records/data base of skill mix currently required by the work team are maintained in accordance with procedures
1.2. Re-assess and monitor the skills required by the team as enterprise requirements change
1.3. Consult with relevant stakeholders to predict any new/different skill requirements arising from changes to products, processes, equipment or work organisation
2. Determine current skill mix of work team
2.1. Ensure current records/data base of skill profile of individuals within the team are maintained
2.2. Consult with relevant stakeholders and monitor the application of these skills in the workplace to ensure they remain current and valid
2.3. Review the actual skill mix of the team compared to the required skill mix of the team
3. Make arrangements for skill development
3.1. Consult with team and identify any mismatch of skills possessed and used and skills required
3.2. Identify any new skills required due to anticipated changes
3.3. Consult with relevant stakeholders to determine the best way to refresh existing skills/develop new skills
3.4. Develop individual skill development program
3.5. Ensure skill development programs are implemented in accordance with procedures
4. Forecast possible future skill needs
4.1. Examine strategic directions of organisation
4.2. Discuss possible future directions with relevant stakeholders
4.3. Determine possible long term future skill requirements in consultation with relevant stakeholders
4.4. Develop plan to ensure skills are developed in advance of when they are required