Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSACMT661A, 'Determine and establish information collection requirements and processes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Determine and establish information collection requirements and processes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Analyse decision to be made
1.1. Identify person/s to be included in the analysis process
1.2. Determine the consequences of the decision in liaison with relevant people
1.3. Determine the variables which can be controlled
1.4. Determine the variables which cannot be controlled
1.5. Determine the consequences of a change in these variables in liaison with affected person/s
2. Define the factors which cause the variables to change
2.1. Identify factors which are able to be controlled
2.2. Identify factors which are not able to be controlled
2.3. Identify means of measuring these factors, or indicators for the values of these factors
2.4. Compile a list of measurements/indicators required.
2.5. Communicate with team members and involve them in development of factors and changes to ensure awareness and facilitate learning
3. Develop data collection protocols
3.1. Determine methods of making measurements
3.2. Determine methods of quantifying indicators
3.3. Determine the benefit/cost of automated (or other) collection of this data
4. Develop systems to produce required information
4.1. Identify user of information and their needs and abilities
4.2. Determine data processing needs to produce required information
4.3. Determine information distribution channels
4.4. Determine skill development need for recipients of information
4.5. Implement systems to produce information
4.6. Monitor implementation and make adjustments as required