Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSAENV672A, 'Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop workplace sustainability policy.
Define scope of sustainability policy.
Identify and consult stakeholders as a key component of the policy development process.
Include strategies for minimising resource use, reductions in toxic material and hazardous chemical use and the employment of life cycle management approaches at all stages of work in the policy.
Make recommendations for policy options based on likely effectiveness, timeframes and cost.
Develop policy is that reflects the organisation's commitment to sustainability as an integral part of the business planning and as a business opportunity.
Agree upon appropriate methods of implementation.
Communicate the policy.
Promote the policy, including its expected outcome to key stakeholders.
Inform those involved in implementing the policy as to outcomes expected, activities to be undertaken and responsibilities assigned.
Implement the policy.
Develop and communicate procedures to help implement the policy.
Implement strategies for continuous improvement in resource efficiency.
Establish record systems for tracking continuous improvements in sustainability approaches and assign responsibilities.
Review policy implementation
Record outcomes and provide feedback to key personnel and stakeholders.
Investigate success or otherwise of policy.
Monitor records to identify trends that may require remedial action, and use to promote continuous improvement of performance.
Modify policy and or procedures as required to ensure improvements are made.