Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSAPMOHS601A, 'Establish workplace OHS management system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish workplace OHS management system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Performance Criteria describe the required performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the Element. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the Evidence Guide.
1. Identify needs of the OHSMS
1.1 Analyse the workplace to identify needs and workplace factors that may impact on the design of the OHSMS.
1.2 Clarify OHS legal obligations in relation to the specific workplace.
1.3 Review relevant standards relating to OHSMS.
1.4 Identify links with other functional areas and management systems.
1.5 Seek input from stakeholders on the design of the OHSMS.
2. Establish the framework for the OHSMS
2.1 Ensure OHS responsibilities and duties are documented and accountability processes are in place.
2.2 Identify and source financial and human resources required for the operation of the OHSMS.
2.3 Establish or review OHS policies and procedures.
2.4 Ensure implications of any proposed changes to the workplace are identified and addressed.
2.5 Recognise limits of own professional expertise and consult OHS specialists as necessary.
3. Establish and maintain participative arrangements for the management of OHS.
3.1 Establish and maintain appropriate participative processes with employees and their representatives in accordance with relevant OHS legislation and industry standards.
3.2 Provide information on OHS to employees in a format that is readily accessible and understandable.
3.3 Promptly and effectively deal with and resolve issues raised through participation and consultation in accordance with procedures for issues resolution.
3.4 Provide information about the outcomes of participation and consultation in a manner accessible to employees.
4. Establish and maintain risk management processes
4.1 Establish or review procedures for hazard, incident and injury reporting and investigation.
4.2 Establish or review procedures for hazard identification, hazard analysis and risk assessment.
4.3 Establish or review hazard specific risk control measures currently in place to meet legal requirements and minimise risk as far as is practicable.
4.4 Establish or review procedures for on going control of identified hazards and monitoring of the effectiveness of controls.
5. Establish and maintain an OHS training program.
5.1 Conduct an OHS training needs assessment for the workgroup that takes account of legislative requirements, internal policies and procedures, skills of workgroup and risk control requirements.
5.2 Develop and implement an OHS training program to identify and fulfil employee's OHS training needs as a part of the organisation general training program.
5.3 Coordinate with relevant training experts as necessary.
6. Establish and maintain a system for OHS records.
6.1 Identify and address legal requirements for record keeping and reporting.
6.2 Identify and access sources of OHS information.
6.3 Take actions to ensure that records are accurately completed, collected and stored.
7. Implement OHS systems, strategies and plans
7.1 Determine OHS priorities in consultation with managers and taking account of participative arrangements in the workplace.
7.2 Develop plans for the implementation of OHS strategies.
7.3 Monitor and update plans for achievement as required.