Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSAPMPER205C, 'Enter confined space'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Enter confined space' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Assess confined space for entry
1.1. Confirm and verify the purpose of the required entry.
1.2. Identify and assess hazards within/around the confined space.
1.3. Check a risk assessment associated with entry of the confined space has been conducted and documented.
1.4. Identify and document relevant controls.
1.5. Take appropriate steps to ensure confined space is ready for entry.
1.6. Check the incident/emergency response plan is appropriate to the job
1.7. Rehearse own role in an incident/emergency response
1.8. Confirm and verify that the conditions of the permit reflect the risk assessment
1.9. Check the confined space is ready for entry.
2. Use safety equipment and PPE
2.1. Secure work site
2.2. Select, fit and wear designated PPE.
2.3. Select, test and use required instruments and monitors.
2.4. Challenge test atmosphere/atmospheric monitoring instrument if required before entry.
2.5. Confirm test/monitoring results show entry is safe
3. Work in accordance with confined space requirements.
3.1. Enter confined space safely
3.2. Work in compliance with permit requirements.
3.3. Arrange re authorisation/reissue of permits as required.
3.4. Complete confined space working documentation.
3.5. Maintain communications with all relevant personnel.
3.6. Take appropriate action if there is a change in risk/work environment.
4. Conclude confined space operations in accordance with procedures.
4.1. Recover, clean, service and store equipment.
4.2. Complete required final documentation.
4.3. Report any issues.