Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSL915001A, 'Provide information to customers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide information to customers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Assess the request for information and/or advice
1.1. Clarify and confirm the source, nature and priority of the request
1.2. Redirect the request to the relevant section, department or person, if appropriate
1.3. Record the receipt of the request in accordance with enterprise procedures
2. Prepare response
2.1. Locate and obtain required information if available
2.2. If not available, decide whether to obtain or generate the required information given the priority and costs involved
2.3. Seek required approval/authority to release information before proceeding
3. Provide information and/or advice
3.1. Ensure that information is accurate, relevant and complies with enterprise/statutory requirements
3.2. Keep the customer informed of progress when it is not possible to answer immediately
3.3. Notify other relevant personnel of request and response in accordance with enterprise procedures
3.4. Use most appropriate communication method given priority, cost and customer facilities
3.5. Provide information in a format suitable to customer
3.6. Check that the response met the customer's needs and take appropriate actions if required
3.7. Deal with customers politely, efficiently and appropriately, and in accordance with enterprise procedures
4. Record details of the request and response
4.1. Record all information details accurately in accordance with enterprise procedures
4.2. Ensure that all written information is accurate and/or legible
4.3. File all records in the designated place and in accordance with enterprise procedures