Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSMWHS503, 'Maintain WHS management system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain WHS management system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element
Manage WHS information in the workplace
Take action to ensure that requirements for WHS record keeping and reporting are implemented according to workplace procedures and legislative requirements
Access sources of WHS information and evaluate for application to the workplace
Collect and collate data and information to provide information to managers and stakeholders on WHS requirements, trends and risk controls
Support implementation of WHS management system
Determine WHS priorities in consultation with appropriate managers and stakeholders
Identify WHS training needs for implementation and maintenance of the WHS management system
Develop action plans taking account of priorities and training needs
Monitor achievement of action plans and update plans accordingly
Support WHS participative arrangements
Ensure WHS information and documentation is understandable and accessible to all
Promptly address WHS issues that may arise within area of authority or refer to appropriate person
Provide information about the outcomes of WHS consultation in a manner that is accessible to all
Collect data to evaluate currency of WHS management system
Identify, in consultation with stakeholders and, as required expert advisors, internal data and information that provides relevant and reliable information on the performance of the WHS management system
Conduct workplace inspections on a regular basis.
Identify workplace WHS implications of any changes to legislation
Identify any WHS implications to proposed changes to the workplace
Take action to arrange a WHS management system audit
Analyse data and information to identify areas for improvement
Assess compliance of WHS management system with WHS legislation
Analyse information collected to identify areas for improvement.
Consult with stakeholders, key personnel and, as required, WHS advisors
Document and communicate outcomes of analysis to key personnel and stakeholders in an easily understood format
Recognise limits of own expertise and seek appropriate advice
Initiate and maintain improvements
Determine priorities for WHS in consultation with stakeholders
Develop a WHS plan with responsibilities and timeframes and validate the plan with stakeholders
Identify and source resources required for implementation of plan
Monitor achievement against plan
Monitor effectiveness of modifications to WHS management system on an ongoing basis incorporating feedback from stakeholders