Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSS024002A, 'Implement environmental management plans and procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement environmental management plans and procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify environmental management obligations
Identify legislative, regulatory and licensing requirements that apply to work activities
Access the enterprise’s environmental management plans that apply to specific sites and projects
Confirm scope of responsibility for achieving environmental outcomes for specific sites and projects
Confirm reporting requirements
Implement specified management plans and procedures
Review site history and environmental management issues, objectives and procedures that have been documented for specific sites and projects
Plan work, incorporating appropriate control measures, to minimise identified risks and achieve specified environmental outcomes
Undertake all work activities safely and in accordance with environmental requirements
Respond to potential/actual environmental issues and incidents
Recognise and assess environmental issues, risks, impacts and incidents arising during work activities
Identify the triggers/response procedures for complaints, cultural heritage finds and other environmental incidents
Apply established enterprise procedures for dealing with complaints, cultural/heritage finds and other environmental incidents
Record details of observations, assessments and any actions taken in accordance with enterprise procedures
Notify specified personnel in accordance with enterprise procedures
Report the application of environmental plans and procedures
Monitor the effectiveness of environmental controls relating to work activities
Complete environmental reporting requirements for specific sites and projects
Maintain relevant environmental management documentation
Identify and report opportunities for improving environmental procedures
Contribute to regular reviews of environmental management plans and procedures