Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSS025004A, 'Provide environmental information to customers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide environmental information to customers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Receive and assess the request for environmental information
Confirm and record the source, nature and priority of the customer’s request
Redirect the request to a more relevant person, if appropriate
Check authority/approval to release information by referring to enterprise procedures or relevant personnel
Prepare the response
Identify sources and/or locations of required information
Resolve any problems with accessing information in consultation with supervisor
Extract and copy the required information
Check that the information is accurate, complete and reliable and conforms with enterprise requirements
Address any information gaps or deficiencies by sourcing additional information or obtaining inputs from relevant personnel
Keep the customer informed of progress when it is not possible to answer their request within the agreed timeframe
Provide environmental information
Prepare correspondence or report using clear, concise language and in the specified format
Check/revise text to ensure that the intended meaning is not ambiguous
Check spelling, punctuation and grammar and correct any errors
Use the most appropriate communication method given the priority, cost and confidentiality involved and the customer’s facilities
Check that the information supplied meets the customer’s needs and, if not, take appropriate action
Record details of request and response
Record all details of the request and information supplied n accordance with enterprise procedures
Notify other relevant personnel of request and response in accordance with enterprise procedures
File/store records in the designated place in accordance with enterprise procedures