Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSS402051A, 'Apply quality standards'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply quality standards' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Assess own work
Continuously check completed work against workplace standards relevant to the operation being undertaken
Demonstrate an understanding of how the work activities and completed work relate to the next production process or processes and to the final products or services concerned
Identify and isolate faulty components, products or processes
Record and/or report faults and any identified causes to the supervisor concerned, where required, in accordance with workplace procedures
Assess quality of received components, parts or materials
Continuously check received components, parts, materials, information, service or final products against workplace standards and specifications for conformance
Demonstrate an understanding of how the received components, parts or materials, information or service relate to the current operation and how they contribute to the final quality of the product or service
Identify and isolate faulty components, parts, materials or information that relate to the operator's work
Record and/or report faults and any identified causes in accordance with workplace procedures
Identify causes of any identified faults and take corrective action as specified in workplace procedures
Measure components, parts or materials
Measure materials, component parts, information, service or products, as required, using the appropriate measuring instruments in accordance with workplace procedures
Record information on production indicator
Record basic information on quality and other indicators of process performance in accordance with workplace procedures
Investigate causes of quality deviations
Investigate and report causes of deviations from specified quality standards for components
Recommend suitable preventative action based on workplace quality standards and the identified causes of deviations from specified quality standards of materials