Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSS403039A, 'Facilitate and improve 5S in an office'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Facilitate and improve 5S in an office' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for 5S implementation
Facilitate agreement within the team on prioritising and scheduling the application of 5S across target work areas
Assist the team to identify own and office team functions in the target work areas in terms of internal and/or external customer requirements
Assist team to identify how their own and office team tasks contribute to the office functions
Establish communication and reporting processes with team
Facilitate management support for 5S
Facilitate the set-up of 5S
Assist team members to determine what are necessary and unnecessary items in the work area
Assist team members to determine optimum assigned location for all necessary items
Liaise with relevant production and occupational health and safety (OHS) personnel to determine optimum locations
Assist team members to determine the appropriate place for unnecessary items
Assist team members to determine 5S schedule
Facilitate the implementation of 5S
Ensure procedures reflect 5S practices
Assess skill base of team members in 5S and arrange for any required training
Ensure that any damage and/or safety risks reported by the team are addressed through correct mechanisms
Check work area for 5S implementation as part of normal routine
Negotiate solutions to non-conformances
Work with team members to find areas for improvement
Assist team members to develop improvement solutions
Facilitate the availability of resources required for the improvement solution
Facilitate the implementation of the improvement solution