Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSS404081A, 'Undertake proactive maintenance analyses'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake proactive maintenance analyses' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Liaise with operator
Establish a relationship with the operator of equipment/plant
Ensure the operator has the required skills and resources to keep the equipment/plant clean
Ensure the operator is able to effectively monitor the operation of the equipment/plant
Regularly communicate with operator about the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) of their equipment/plant
Involve operator, team leader and other key personnel in identification of skill needs and means of skill acquisition to fill any identified gaps
Analyse mean time between failures (MTBF) from maintenance records
Analyse performance data of the equipment/plant
Identify causes of changes to historic trends/status
Determine methods of ensuring causes of improvements and resolution of deterioration are locked in
Undertake failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) or similar failure effects analysis
Record results of analysis
Investigate methods of eliminating possibility of failure and/or minimising the impact of the failure
Liaise with operator, team leader and other key personnel regarding possible solutions
Select most appropriate solution
Implement selected solutions
Undertake condition monitoring analysis
Obtain data for condition monitoring analysis
Interpret condition monitoring data
Predict required maintenance type and timing from condition monitoring data
Liaise with operator, team leader and other key personnel regarding implications of condition monitoring report
Involve team members in development of changes to maintenance strategy to ensure awareness, learning and commitment