Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSS405032A, 'Analyse cost implications of maintenance strategy'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Analyse cost implications of maintenance strategy' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Analyse cost components of maintenance
Determine cost of failure of plant/equipment
Determine cost of a planned maintenance shutdown activity, including costs of re-start
Determine cost of maintenance for a planned activity
Determine cost of maintenance for an unplanned activity
Determine costs of condition monitoring
Identify cost implications of different maintenance strategies
Estimate life cycle costs of plant/equipment
Determine initial capital cost
Estimate servicing, maintenance and repair costs
Estimate production and other costs associated with service, maintenance and repair
Determine depreciation and other applicable allowances
Estimate ancillary costs, such as training, commissioning and productivity loss
Estimate technological life and costs of changing to current technology/costs of retaining obsolete equipment
Estimate annualised costs in present value terms
Identify life cycle cost implications for strategy
Liaise with proactive maintenance strategy developer
Identify cost implications for different strategies
Negotiate a strategy which minimises total costs
Monitor the implementation of the strategy to ensure the costs are minimised
Make required adjustments to strategy