Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MTMCOR204A, 'Follow safe work policies and procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Follow safe work policies and procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Fulfil OH&S responsibilities and recognise the OH&S responsibilities of key personnel
1.1. OH&S responsibilities are met according to regulatory and workplace requirements.
1.2. OH&S responsibilities of key personnel are recognised and explained.
2. Follow workplace OH&S policies and procedures
2.1. Workplace OH&S policies, procedures and programs are followed.
2.2. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used, maintained and stored as appropriate.
3. Follow legal provisions related to OH&S
3.1. Relevant provisions of OH&S legislation and codes of practice are followed.
4. Contribute to OH&S
4.1. OH&S issues are raised with designated personnel in accordance with workplace requirements and relevant OH&S legislation.
4.2. Participative arrangements for OH&S are contributed to in the workplace within the organisational procedures and scope of responsibilities and competencies.
5. Follow workplace requirements for hazard identification and risk control
5.1. Hazards to health and safety in the work area are recognised and reported to designated personnel according to workplace requirements.
5.2. Workplace requirements for controlling risks to health and safety are accurately followed.
6. Follow emergency procedures
6.1. Emergency procedures are followed according to workplace requirements.
6.2. Appropriate reporting procedures for emergencies are followed according to workplace requirements.
7. Operate machinery safely
7.1. Machinery is operated according to safe work practices and procedures, where applicable.
7.2. Machinery is operated and maintained according to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements, where applicable.