Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MTMMP70C, ' Participate in OHS risk control process'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for ' Participate in OHS risk control process' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Participate in workplace inspections
Group processes are facilitated to identify potential OH&S hazards.
Workplace inspections are participated in to identify potential hazards as appropriate.
Reporting obligations are fulfilled.
Risk control processes are implemented.
Participate in OH&S risk control process
Risk assessment processes are participated in.
Hazards are controlled in accordance with hierarchy of controls.
Workplace procedures for dealing with hazardous events are initiated.
Information is provided to relevant parties in line with action or is reported to designated personnel.
Monitor implementation of safe work practices
Compliance with safe work practices is demonstrated by example.
Safe work performance by employees is monitored.
Safe work practices are implemented in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Assist development of safe work practices
Changes to work procedures or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are developed in line with outcomes of risk control processes and regulatory requirements.
Employees are consulted in relation to the development of safe work practices.
Employee understanding of safe work procedures on- the-job is reinforced.
Contribute to participative arrangements for the management of OH&S
Organisational procedures for consultation over OH&S issues are implemented and monitored to ensure that all members of the work group have the opportunity to contribute.
Issues raised through consultation are dealt with and resolved promptly or referred to the appropriate personnel for resolution in accordance with workplace procedures.
Outcomes of consultation over OH&S issues are made known to the work group promptly.
Contribute to workplace rehabilitation program as appropriate
Contributions are made to workplace rehabilitation programs in accordance with rehabilitation co-ordinator' and/or rehabilitation providers' requirements.