Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MTMP3089C, 'Render edible products'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Render edible products' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare and maintain equipment
1.1. Pre-operational checks are performed in accordance with workplace, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and hygiene and sanitation requirements.
1.2. Routine maintenance is performed in accordance with workplace requirements.
2. Monitor and control flow of raw materials
2.1. Nature and quality of the raw materials is monitored to ensure compliance with workplace and regulatory requirements.
2.2. Defects in raw materials are reported promptly and corrective action taken promptly in accordance with workplace requirements.
2.3. Flow of raw materials into bulk bins and/or the processing equipment is controlled in accordance with work instructions.
3. Render edible product
3.1. Equipment is operated in accordance with workplace regulations, OH&S requirements and manufacturer's specifications.
3.2. Edible product is rendered to workplace and customer specifications.
3.3. Routine monitoring, record keeping and sampling is performed to ensure compliance with product specifications.
3.4. Sources of potential contamination of the product are identified and preventative and corrective measures are taken in accordance with work instructions.
3.5. Cleanliness of work area is maintained in accordance with workplace requirements.