Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP259B, 'Operate, monitor and maintain pump stations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate, monitor and maintain pump stations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Plan and prepare work.
1.1 Determine pump station work requirements from standard operating and maintenance procedures.
1.2 Access and interpret pump operation and maintenance procedures.
1.3 Perform site check to prevent damage to other utilities and the environment, according to legislative and organisational requirements.
1.4 Select and check equipment to meet safety requirements of task and site and select, fit and use personal protective equipment.
1.5 Handle, use and store chemicals according to organisational requirements.
2Operate pump stations.
2.1 Identify and set or adjust pump stationcomponents according to organisational requirements.
2.2 Carry out routine security inspections and cleaning duties.
2.3 Operate pump station according to organisational requirements.
3Maintain pump stations.
3.1 Apply pump station maintenance standards.
3.2 Inspect pump station components according to organisational requirements, and identify maintenance needs.
3.3 Schedule maintenance tasks and order appropriate materials.
3.4 Conduct maintenance tasks according to organisational maintenance standards and manufacturer recommendations.
3.5 Identify and report pump station faults and carry out minor repairs.
4Monitor and adjust pump station performance.
4.1 Apply pump station performance targets.
4.2 Identify and apply monitoring points and timing.
4.3 Monitor pump station and make adjustments, where necessary, to maintain operational parameters.
5Check outsourced maintenance work.
5.1 Check that completed maintenance and repairs meet specifications.
5.2 Check return of pumping station to service.
6.1 Check, maintain and store equipment, tools and materials according to manufacturer guidelines and organisational procedures.
6.2 Restore work site to meet environmental and organisational requirements.
6.3 Maintain workplace records as required.