Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP261A, 'Operate and maintain water treatment plant and equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate and maintain water treatment plant and equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Operate water treatment processes.
1.1 Identify reasons and requirements for treatment of water.
1.2 Identify major components of water treatment processes.
1.3 Identify and apply practices undertaken in water treatment processes.
1.4 Operate mechanicalequipment used in water treatment according to manufacturer specifications and organisational requirements.
1.5 Handle, use, store and dose chemicals according to organisational procedures.
2Maintain items of equipment used in water treatment processes.
2.1 Identify maintenance requirements and schedules according to standard operating procedures.
2.2 Complete maintenance and cleaning requirements of equipment.
3Follow safety requirements for work in a water treatment plant.
3.1 Identify and record hazards of working in a water treatment plant.
3.2 Identify and record operational requirements for the safe and effective use of equipment.
3.3 Select, fit and use safety equipment, including personal protective equipment.
3.4 Identify and apply safe work practices when handling chemicals and working in a water treatment plant.
4.1 Complete records required for effective operation of a water treatment plant according to organisational requirements.
4.2 Identify and record range of data routinely collected.
4.3 Identify data that falls outside normal operating parameters and report for further action.