Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP428B, 'Coordinate and monitor the operation of wastewater collection systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate and monitor the operation of wastewater collection systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Confirm performance measures in the wastewater collection system management plan.
1.1 Confirm data gathering requirements specified in the wastewater collection system management plan.
1.2 Identify, analyse and address issues that impact on the collection and transport of wastewater.
1.3 Identify, analyse and address environmental and community factors that impact on the wastewater collection system.
1.4 Identify, analyse and address stakeholder requirements that impact on the wastewater collection system.
1.5 Access historic system information and apply as required.
2Monitor and coordinate processes and resource targets.
2.1 Correctly select, fit and use equipment, including personal protective equipment.
2.2 Conduct system performance monitoring and testing according to the wastewater system management plan.
2.3 Analyse test results and report according to organisational and statutory requirements.
2.4 Identify current and potential problems, conduct investigations and report results and recommendations according to organisational requirements.
2.5 Identify breaches of the wastewater management plan, conduct investigations and report results and recommendations according to organisational requirements.
2.6 Evaluate maintenance budgets, activity programs and output target measures and identify, investigate and report any deviations from targets.
2.7 Identify and record links between operational problems and maintenance activities.
3Report outcomes of coordination and monitoring.
3.1 Analyse, record and report coordination and monitoring data according to organisational requirements.
3.2 Identify and report current and/or potential problems according to organisational procedures.
3.3 Make recommendations to improve system performance and customer service standards.