Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP505B, 'Implement and manage environmental management policies, plans, procedures and programs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and manage environmental management policies, plans, procedures and programs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Gather environmental management information.
1.1 Read, review and interpret the organisation's environmental policies and plans against current environmental legislation and perceived stakeholder attitudes and expectations.
1.2 Identify all stakeholders and their relationship with the enterprise and their impact on, or relationship with, policies and plans.
1.3 Identify the available resources to implement policies and plans.
1.4 Confirm responsibilities and authorities as outlined in the policies and plans.
1.5 Establish best practice procedures for the implementation of management plans.
2 Implement and monitor environmental policies and plans.
2.1 Develop and apply environmental management processes and workplace procedures to achieve policy and plan objectives and Performance Criteria.
2.2 Monitor the effectiveness of policies and plans against objectives, timelines and key performance indicators.
2.3 Audit environmental management processes and workplace procedures.
2.4 Review and modify processes and procedures to achieve policy and plan objectives.
3 Identify environmental impacts and assess risks.
3.1 Identify, quantify and report existing and potential events that may affect the environment.
3.2 Identify, quantify and report existing and potential environmental management risks.
3.3 Identify, quantify and report work activities that may cause harm to the environment according to enterprise procedures.
4 Implement and monitor the procedures for quantifying environmental impacts and controlling risks.
4.1 Implement work procedures to control risks or remedy damage.
4.2 Monitor risk control measures and report results according to workplace procedures.
4.3 Identify inadequacies in risk control measures, report to the appropriate authority and remedy according to organisational procedures.
4.4 Quantify and record environmental impacts according to legislative requirements and workplace procedures.
4.5 Report adverse environmental impacts and make recommendations to minimise the impacts according to enterprise and legislative requirements.
5 Implement and monitor procedures for dealing with environmental incidents.
5.1 Implement workplace procedures for managing incidents of environmental significance or harm to ensure prompt control and remediation.
5.2 Investigate incidents of environmental impact to identify their cause according to investigation procedures or environmental audit requirements.
5.3 Implement control measures to prevent recurrence and minimise risks of events according to the environmental policy and plan.
5.4 Record and report incidences of environmental impact, significance or harm according to enterprise procedures and legislative requirements.
6 Maintain environmental records.
6.1 Accurately and legibly complete environmental management documentation for the work area according to workplace and legislative requirements.
6.2 Store environmental records for easy access and review according to the policy and plan requirements.
6.3 Regularly review and assess environmental records are to identify long term trends and impacts.
6.4 Report results of record reviews according to the policy and plan requirements.