Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP528B, 'Implement and manage trade waste policies and plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and manage trade waste policies and plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Implement trade waste policies and plans.
1.1 Confirm performance measures for trade waste management plans.
1.2 Identify and communicate relevant environmental factors, regulations, policies and criteria for the disposal of trade waste to waste generators and stakeholders.
1.3 Identify and interpret trade waste quality and quantity requirements according to legislative and enterprise requirements and procedures.
1.4 Operate the management system according to policies and management plans.
1.5 Carry out the management system maintenance according to the management plans.
1.6 Manage the system and enterprise to achieve the objectives of the management plans.
2Implement and coordinate the monitoring and testing program.
2.1 Design and implement the monitoring and testing programs and procedures according to the objectives of the management plans, policies and legal requirements.
2.2 Analyse, interpret and report testing results according to legislative and enterprise requirements.
2.3 Identify and investigate issues and/or potential issues and trends and report results and recommendations according to legislative and enterprise requirements.
3Monitor treatment and discharge and provide advice and guidance.
3.1 Monitor trade waste treatment and discharge according to the trade waste management policies and plans.
3.2 Provide advice and guidance to trade waste generators and stakeholders according to legislative and enterprise requirements.
3.3 Identify and investigate breaches of trade waste discharge provisions and report the results and/or recommendations according to legislative and enterprise requirements.
4Maintain trade waste records.
4.1 Accurately and legibly complete trade waste management records according to legislative and enterprise requirements.
4.2 Store trade waste records for access and review according to legislative and enterprise requirements.
4.3 Regularly review and assess trade waste records to identify long term trends and impacts.
4.4 Report results of record reviews according to the policy and plan requirements.
5Gather and prepare evidence in relation to breaches of statutory regulations.
5.1 Carry out the testing, sampling and collection of physical evidence of breaches according to legal requirements.
5.2 Record data according to legal requirements.
5.3 Provide witness statements according to legal requirements.
5.4 Collect, collate and present evidence to the legal department of the organisation for prosecution of waste generators.