Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP546B, 'Develop and review water treatment process management plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and review water treatment process management plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Plan and prepare for water treatment.
1.1 Identify and interpret treatment plant management requirements, including legislative and enterprise policies.
1.2 Identify and assess process capability and performance design.
1.3 Access, review and interpret historic information, relevant to the treatment of water.
1.4 Identify and interpret issues that impact on the treatment of water.
1.5 Identify and interpret stakeholder and customer requirements that impact on the treatment processes.
1.6 Identify and interpret water catchment impacts.
2Develop a water treatment management plan.
2.1 Identify and interpret water quality and quantity requirements according to legislative and enterprise procedures.
2.2 Identify and assess environmental factors that impact on the treatment of water.
2.3 Identify, specify and monitor testing and monitoring procedures according to organisational requirements.
2.4 Monitor information that impacts on the planning process according to enterprise procedures.
2.5 Identify, quantify and define available resources.
2.6 Prepare and present the water treatment management plan.
3Review and refine the water treatment management plan.
3.1 Identify deviations from the treatment management plan.
3.2 Identify and evaluate system changes to meet the requirements of the treatment management plan.
3.3 Report and recommend changes to the treatment management plan according to legislative and organisational requirements.
3.4 Incorporate accepted recommendations into the updated and modified treatment management plan.
3.5 Implement changes to the treatment management plan.
4.1 Maintain records of plant and system data according to organisational and statutory requirements.
4.2 Report observations outside defined parameters for further action.