Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP609, 'Manage assets in a water utility'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage assets in a water utility' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Monitor assets
1.1 Develop a monitoring program for individual assets within an asset class.
1.2 Prepare a scope of works and specification and issue a work order for the monitoring.
1.3 Receive and analyse the monitoring data and close out the work order.
1.4 Determine thelikelihood of failure of the individual assets and record the asset condition and likelihood of failure in the company’s asset management system.
1.5 Adjust the frequency of the monitoring of the individual assets within the asset class based on conditions of the assets and where applicable recommend a course of action for the individual assets.
2 Maintain assets
2.1 Determine the maintenance requirements for individual assets within an asset class.
2.2 Prepare a maintenance program and specification and issue a work order for the maintenance.
2.3 Assess the maintenance completion report and the recording of maintenance in company’s asset management system and close out the work order.
3 Repair assets
3.1 Determine the repair requirements for individual assets within an asset class.
3.2 Identify the materials, resources and equipment required to undertake the repair and issue a work order for the repair.
3.3 Assess the repair completion report and the recording of the repair in the company’s asset management system and close out the work order.
4 Replace assets
4.1 Determine the need for replacement for individual assets within an asset class.
4.2 Estimate the cost of the replacement and obtain approval to proceed.
4.3 Prepare an asset replacement plan and specification for a particular item of asset and issue a work order for the replacement.
4.4 Assess the replacement report and the recording of the repair in the company’s asset management system and close out the work order.
5 Record assets
5.1 Identify and record specific details of an individual asset within an asset class.
5.2 Assess whether the asset is recorded correctly in the company’s asset management system.
5.3 Identify missing asset details, search company archives for the missing information and where necessary arrange for field survey to provide the missing information.
6 Value assets
6.1 Determine the condition of an individual asset
6.2 Determine the residual life of the individual asset using the manufacturer’s specifications, the risk management policies of the company and the known condition of the asset.
6.3 Calculate the current and replacement value of the asset using information from the estimating system.