Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP705A, 'Provide leadership in hydrometric network planning and water resource management'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide leadership in hydrometric network planning and water resource management' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Review and plan hydrometric network and data management processes.
1.1 Review hydrometric network and water resource management planning and policy requirements of the organisation in consultation with senior management.
1.2 Review and analyse data required to support hydrometric network planning and water resource management processes within the organisation.
1.3 Review processes to collect, analyse, store and report hydrometric network data to ensure they support organisation's short, medium and long-term planning needs.
1.4 Identify, plan, manage and report resource requirements to meet hydrometric network data management needs of the organisation.
1.5 Identify future and extended uses of data and monitoring networks as part of planning process and to ensure most effective use of data and network.
2Manage provision of quality data.
2.1 Communicate holistic purpose and eventual use of data to stakeholders and staff.
2.2 Review work procedures and documentation used to support collection, analysis, storage and reporting of hydrometric network data and communicate outcomes to staff.
2.3 Use advanced mathematical and technical processes to support planning and operation of hydrometric network monitoring and testing regimes.
2.4 Set monitoring and testing priorities.
2.5 Prepare reports in a format suitable to support decision-making and planning within organisation.
2.6 Plan and ensure appropriate and relevant training is provided to staff in specialist systems used in data management to ensure that a consistent approach to data collection, analysis and management occurs.
3Provide leadership in the effective management of water resources.
3.1 Review and analyse role of hydrometric network data in development of water resource management policy within organisation, particularly in identifying deficiencies in networks.
3.2 Gather, review and communicate local, national and international information and best-practice policy regarding effective water resource management.
3.3 Analyse current, historical and trend data to inform organisation's short, medium and long-term water resource management planning.
3.4 Prepare clear and accurate reports according to organisational procedures.