Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWPHYD013, 'Operate, maintain and decommission monitoring sites'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate, maintain and decommission monitoring sites' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Plan the operation and maintenance of site, instruments and equipment
1.1 Identify monitoring objective of the site.
1.2 Prepare schedules for operation and maintenance.
1.3 Review the performance of instruments and equipment required for the site and its conditions.
1.4 Ensure that the manufacturersspecifications are applied.
1.5 Address logistical requirements, prepare relevant equipment, authorisations and documentation required for the installation.
2. Maintain site
2.1 Maintain the site in accordance with the schedules and environmental conditions.
2.2 Assess conditions of the site and take corrective actions.
2.3 Review the effectiveness of the corrective actions.
2.4 Complete records.
3. Test, maintain and calibrate instruments, equipment and systems
3.1 Test assignment instruments and equipment.
3.2 Calibrate equipment.
3.3 Make and test adjustments to comply with the required tolerances.
3.4 Report errors or deviations from the appropriate range or tolerance levels.
3.5 Maintain test records.
3.6 Complete routine maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedules.
3.7 Store and protect instruments and equipment.
4. Operate monitoring equipment
4.1 Use monitoring equipment to collect data required by plan and purpose.
4.2 Make calculations and adjustments according to the requirements of the site and equipment.
4.3 Check the accuracy and reliability of readings and confirm or adjust calibrations.
5. Decommission site
5.1 Demolish or decommission structures.
5.2 Restore sites.
5.3 Identify and address potential or actual problems and report to appropriate personnel.
6. Report processes and outcomes
6.1 Compile reports and data according to monitoring plan.
6.2 Identify potential and current problems proactively and take corrective action or report to relevant agents.
6.3 Identify indicators of urgency and high risk for priority response.