Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- Assessment Matrix
- Wiki Markup
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- Moodle Outcomes
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMBPROD254C, 'Operate an open mill blender'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate an open mill blender' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Performance Criteria describe the required performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the Element. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the Evidence Guide.
1. Check work requirements.
1.1 Identify work requirements from production plans of workplace procedures.
1.2 Check product, materials and equipment meet requirements for job(s).
1.3 Recognise hazards and implement necessary steps to ensure safety.
1.4 Ask questions of appropriate person to confirm usual practice.
1.5 Ensure housekeeping is to requirements.
1.6 Identify hazards associated with the job and take appropriate action.
1.7 Perform other pre-operational checks in accordance with workplace procedures.
2. Check process set-up.
2.1 Check safety gates and guards are in position and working.
2.2 Check materials are correct.
2.3 Complete pre-start checks.
3. Operate open mill blender to procedures.
3.1 Start, operate and stop mill as required by procedures.
3.2 Band, cut, fold and work rubber as needed.
3.3 Add materials evenly at correct rate and time and blend in.
3.4 Check open mill blender operations.
3.5 Make adjustments to remedy faults and non-conformity to product blend standards where applicable.
3.6 Collect and reuse material which is able to be reprocessed.
3.7 Deal with waste and scrap in accordance with procedures.
3.8 Clean, adjust and lubricate equipment as required.
4. Respond to routine problems in accordance with procedures.
4.1 Recognise known faults that occur during the operation.
4.2 Identify and take action on causes of routine faults.
4.3 Log problems as required.
4.4 Identify non-routine problems and quality problems and take appropriate action.