Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMBPROD315C, 'Produce polyurethane foam'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Produce polyurethane foam' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Performance criteria describe the required performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the evidence guide.
1. Plan process stages for polyurethane foam production.
1.1 Plan the stages in the polyurethane foaming process and ensure these comply with the quality requirements for production.
1.2 Identify and allow for changes in materials at each stage of the polyurethane foaming process.
1.3 Plan the availability of the equipment and components for each production stage.
1.4 Anticipate the impact of the process on product characteristics and product quality and useability.
1.5 Plan work requirements based on procedures.
2. Identify work requirements for polyurethane foaming operations
2.1 Prepare materials, including base raw materials and additives.
2.2 Recognise hazards and follow appropriate hazard control/minimisation methods.
2.3 Check materials, ancillary supplies and equipment are correct Check equipment and processes used for materials preparation, production process and for the downstream operations are available.
2.4 Check product quality requirements for the relevant process stage(s).
2.5 Identify and check emergency stops, gauges, guards and controls.
2.6 Plan the task sequences, including times and locations for product quality checks, equipment operation and required production outputs.
2.7 Provide for ongoing materials input, waste management and work area housekeeping requirements.
2.8 Arrange any required supplementary equipment for product quality testing or routine equipment maintenance and/or adjustments.
3. Check polyurethane foaming process set-up
3.1 Comply with equipment information, required quality specifications and set-up procedures.
3.2 Set up equipment in accordance with required quality specifications and standard operating procedures.
3.3 Check polyurethane foaming equipment settings and adjustments and conformity to documented procedures.
3.4 Inspect materials for conformity with requirements including surface condition and materials thickness.
3.5 Discard non-conforming materials or make adjustments to processing operations in accordance with procedures.
4. Operate and make adjustments as required to the foam process
4.1 Start up, operate and shut down foam equipment as required by procedures.
4.2 Monitor polyurethane foaming operations noting product quality, production outputs, equipment operating temperature, amperage, pressures, colour, thickness and product integrity.
4.3 Make adjustments to remedy faults and non-conformity to production standards where applicable.
4.4 Collect material which is able to be reprocessed and reused, and dispose of waste and scrap in accordance with workplace procedures.
4.5 Clean up equipment, lubricate, and adjust in accordance with procedures.
5. Anticipate and solve problems
5.1 Recognise a problem or a potential problem.
5.2 Determine problems needing priority action.
5.3 Refer problems outside area of responsibility to appropriate person, with possible causes.
5.4 Seek information and assistance as required to solve problems.
5.5 Solve problems within area of responsibility.
5.6 Follow through items initiated until final resolution has occurred.